LinkedIn promotes professional advancement, regardless of what you do. LinkedIn differs from other networks in that it functions and develops, first of all, in the field of professional contacts, therefore, when registering in it, you must use a responsible and competent approach. You may create a good LinkedIn profile by yourself and also order editing in Linkedin Profile Writing Service. In order for your profile to have a presentable look and work for you most effectively, you need to follow a few rules.
LinkedIn Network – how to create a profile that will attract
- Maximize your profile. A LinkedIn profile is in some way a resume that presents all the information about you as a professional (work experience, education, skills and abilities, field of activity for the current position). It is important to assign your profile the correct title, which will mark you properly among other users, and put your resume. It will not be superfluous to supplement your resume with a brief story about yourself. The entire profile, including the title, is encouraged to have keywords in the form of a definition of your profession, occupation or hobby, by which it will be selected by search queries. Such optimization will allow to attract more visitors to your page. The competent creation of a profile on the LinkedIn network opens up additional opportunities on the way to professional achievements;
- If necessary, disable the broadcast activity of your profile. This option can be found in the appropriate privacy settings. It will allow you to edit your profile seamlessly for other users when it is convenient for you. Profile updates should be carried out as reasonably as possible, each time thinking about what people in contact with you will see in their news feed. So, for example, adding a profile with “forgotten” details can create a wrong impression about you, so before making corrections it is sometimes better to turn off notifying other users about changes in your account. Accordingly, when it is required to pay attention to the conversion of your profile, do not forget to activate the translational function in time;
- Do not make mistakes in your profile. It is necessary to ensure that all submitted information about you is extremely accurate, well-presented and consistent with the business nature of the network. Try to look at your profile as if from the side, study it with concentration, and even better, invite someone to familiarize yourself with it for possible errors and omissions. We should take this point seriously, because in fact, a LinkedIn profile is a kind of business summary of its owner. It must be perfect grammatically, stylistically and spelling;
- Do not use false information on LinkedIn. No matter how much you want to embellish your merits, you should not include in your profile information that is known to be false about yourself. This is unacceptable not only from an ethical point of view, but also because it is not difficult to identify inaccurate information in the modern world. Without trust, it is impossible to achieve career success, and the best way to win it is to observe honesty and decency. To establish yourself as a decent person is one of the main objectives of your LinkedIn activities;
- Edit your profile URL. Using the appropriate settings, the random set of characters can be changed to a meaningful one, which can also be assigned to the URL of your profile in other social networks. Think carefully about the name your URLs will have. The function of editing the public profile URL can be found in the settings;
- Correctly choose a photo for the profile. Photos must be of high quality and made in the appropriate style. Do not forget that the LinkedIn network is business-like, so think carefully about how you want to look in front of potential partners or employers. The photo should give an adequate picture of you and your status from a professional point of view. You should not put here your images of the entertainment character, because there are other social networks for this;
- Use the profile icons. LinkedIn has many different designs and icons for profiles, by selecting one of which you can more effectively promote your resume (“Settings” -> “Edit public profile” -> “Profile icons”). In addition, HTML codes for badges can be used to place them on various sites and forums that you visit. This will provide an additional influx of users to your LinkedIn page;
- Be active in groups. Groups on LinkedIn are peculiar professional communities whose members are in contact with each other. So, joining one of the groups, the applicant will be able to more effectively promote his candidacy in the labor market. All kinds of professional associations, as a rule, have bases of vacant posts in certain areas of activity. By actively participating in the life of such communities, it is possible not only to establish new professional contacts, but also to find the desired job;
- Personalize email requests. On the LinkedIn network, there is a typical version of a request by email, but giving it a more individual character can play a significant role in establishing new connections. The person receiving the personalized request will have a more detailed idea about you, as well as about how you can be useful to him;
- Use network applications. LinkedIn has a range of tools that improve the work of profiles from different angles. So, for example, a WordPress application will be useful for bloggers to synchronize posts from a blog to a network profile. You can use Box.net or SlideShare for posting in a video profile. Following these tips will not only create a network profile correctly, but also properly manage and use it, as well as facilitate the effective achievement of professional goals.